Is there anything you need to contemplate before starting your search for a donor?
We understand that before you begin the search for your ideal donor, there is much to consider. To help you make an informed decision we have put together a few essential points to help you get started.
Consider this before you get started…
- We strongly encourage you to request 3 of your preferred donor matches at the time of submission, as the availability of sperm is subject to change due to the number of straws and demand.
- Please note that you will need to make a reservation by Day 1 of your period; otherwise, you will be required to wait until your next cycle.
- Please note that certain medical conditions or carrier status may determine the suitability of some donors over others. Please discuss this matter with our fertility specialist during your appointment.
- Change of mind fee: $50 once donor is reserved but not yet shipped to your clinic, $500 once the donor is reserved, paid and shipped to your clinic. No change of mind is allowed whilst in cycle. If you would like to change your donor after day one, the cycle will need to be cancelled and can recommence once the new donor has been shipped to your clinic. The $500 fee will apply.
- The donor sperm reservation fee is required by 3 pm the next day following confirmation of your reservation by the Addam team.
- Locally donated sperm. Addam operates an active Sperm Donor Program with Sperm Donors Australia and City Fertility to provide individuals or couples who do not produce sperm or cannot use the sperm they produce with the opportunity to build a family. Sperm Donors Australia recruits local Australian sperm donors aged between 18-45 years of age. Donors are altruistic, counselled, screened for medical and genetic conditions and comply with the Australian Federal and State legislation. To read more about Sperm Donors Australia, click here.
- Overseas donated sperm from The World Egg and Sperm Bank and Seattle Sperm Bank. Addam has a partnership with The World Egg and Sperm Bank (TWESB) and Seattle Sperm Bank (SSB) to provide frozen sperm for recipients. TWESB and SSB donors on Addam are 18-40 years of age, altruistic, counselled, fully screened and compliant with relevant Australian Federal and State legislation. To read more about things to consider when choosing a donor from The World Egg and Sperm Bank, click here and for further information on Seattle Sperm Bank, click here.
- Important information for patients who have already frozen their eggs. Due to the limited availability of donor sperm, Addam Donor Bank will only be accessible to patients whose eggs were collected and frozen at a City Fertility or Rainbow Fertility clinic. Donor sperm at the Addam Donor Bank is also accessible to City Fertility or Rainbow Fertility patients for use in stimulated IVF cycles, Intrauterine Insemination cycles or patients participating in our donor egg program.