The process of becoming a sperm donor recipient
Together with City Fertility and Rainbow Fertility, we are able to provide world-leading outcomes through scientific excellence. Our team of fertility specialists, scientists and nurses will support you every step of the way to achieve your dream of parenthood.
Becoming a recipient of donor sperm involves attending a series of pre-treatment appointments. Through your journey, you will speak with our patient services team, nurses and a fertility specialist to ensure you understand the procedures and processes involved.
Below you will find information on what’s involved in becoming a recipient to donor sperm.
With Addam, you can rest assured we’ll be here with you every step of the way, empowering you in your journey towards parenthood.
Things to consider
- We strongly encourage you to request 3 of your preferred donor matches at the time of submission, as the availability of sperm is subject to change due to the number of straws and demand.
- Please note you will need to make a reservation by Day 1 of your period, otherwise, you will be required to wait until your next cycle.
- Sperm availability is subject to location; you may be required to travel interstate to use your preferred donor as not all donors are eligible for interstate transfer. You will incur travel costs associated with the shipment of the sperm to access your preferred donor.
- If you are not in QLD or NSW but you would like to use sperm in these locations, please contact us for more information on what your options are.
- Please note that certain medical conditions or carrier status may determine the suitability of some donors over others. Please discuss this matter with our fertility specialist during your appointment.