Who needs donor sperm?
The sole purpose of donor sperm is to assist individuals or couples with the opportunity to become parents.
Every individual or couple has their own reasons and circumstances due to which they decide to use donor sperm. Some of these may include:
- Couples experiencing male infertility
- Single women who wish to become a mother
- Women in a same-sex relationship who wish to start a family
- Couples/individuals seeking a sibling for their child/children already conceived via donor sperm
Whatever your circumstances, we are here to support you in your journey towards parenthood. Our friendly patient services team will be there to guide you every step of the way and answer any questions you may have, simply get in touch by calling 1300 0 ADDAM (23 326) or emailing us at email@example.com.
Things to consider
- We strongly encourage you to request 3 of your preferred donor matches at the time of submission, as the availability of sperm is subject to change due to the number of straws and demand.
- Please note you will need to make a reservation by Day 1 of your period, otherwise you will be required to wait until your next cycle.
- Sperm availability is subject to location; you may be required to travel interstate to use your preferred donor as not all donors are eligible for interstate transfer. You will incur travel cost associated with the shipment of the sperm to access your preferred donor. If importing or exporting in and out of Victoria, an application to VARTA will be required.
- Please note that certain medical conditions or carrier status may determine the suitability of some donors over others. Please discuss this matter with our fertility specialist during your appointment.