Types of Donors
Addam Donor Bank offers both locally recruited donors and overseas donors from our partner Seattle Sperm Bank.
In this case, the donor identifies as unknown to recipients. As per the Australian regulations, any child born from donor sperm is entitled to know their genetic origin at the age of 18 years old.
After registering through Addam, you will have access to the donors’ extended profile.
Extended profiles compile detailed information about our sperm donors, including, an in-depth look into the donor and donors families medical history, characteristics & personality.
To access an extended profile of a sperm donor, you must have a registered account with us. It’s easy, free, and it only takes 2 minutes! To register an account with us, please visit our website at addamdonorbank.com.au and follow instructions.
Things to consider
- We strongly encourage you to request 3 of your preferred donor matches at the time of submission, as the availability of sperm is subject to change due to the number of straws and demand.
- Please note you will need to make a reservation by Day 1 of your period, otherwise, you will be required to wait until your next cycle.
- Sperm availability is subject to location; you may be required to travel interstate to use your preferred donor as not all donors are eligible for interstate transfer. You will incur travel costs associated with the shipment of the sperm to access your preferred donor.
- If you are not in QLD or NSW but you would like to use sperm in these locations, please contact us for more information on what your options are.
- Please note that certain medical conditions or carrier status may determine the suitability of some donors over others. Please discuss this matter with our fertility specialist during your appointment.